Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chapter 4

Chapter four of the text was about the use of digital devices in the classroom. This includes devices such as digital cameras, scanners, tablets, tabled PCs, and Pocket-PCs.

This chapter was fairly easy to get a handle on, having sold most of the devices listed in the chapter. The biggest exception was with virtual reality devices, which tend to be expensive and not in much demand for customers of an office supply store.

In the activities section, I did the activity on the tablet devices. I found the capabilities of tablet devices, particularly tablet PCs, to be interesting. The tablet interface allows for more options, and in some cases more intuitive interaction, than other input devices. I would like to apply some of these devices to the classroom, but they are currently more expensive than most schools would be willing to pay for; possibly with the exception of a drawing tablet. The tablet readers would also be cool to use for lessons, but I have not had a chance to get my hands on one for personal experience, so I do not want to put too much time into thinking of lesson plans involving them in case I have unrealistic expectations.

No comments: