Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chapter 10

Chapter 10 is about distance education. According to the history section, this started out as correspondence courses, moving to telephone conferencing, then video conferencing, and finally to internet based classes. Being in this online class, most of this chapter should be pretty obvious.

The thing that surprised me the most about this chapter was the amount of work and planning I had to do to make sure I got work done. I was expecting more of a coast through since there was no dedicated class time, but this was a misconception. According to this chapter my readiness was low.

Having been in Civil Air Patrol and working as a computer construction technician, I particularly liked the Murphy’s Law section. Not enough people plan for backups or leeway time in case a system goes down totally, or if there is a glitch. This is something Mr. Burkett and I have had to deal with recently with, ironically, the activities for this very chapter.

No comments: